Glade Homegrown DJ CompetitionPosted on March 30th, 2012 by Lee Jarvis in Competitions
Forward-thinking electronic music & arts festival wants YOU!
Back in 2004, a renegade sound system was developed where people could hear proper electronic music in a colourful and free-spirited environment. The Glade Festival soon became known as the festival for all kinds of house, techno, breaks and electronica, deep in the English countryside. From the micro-raves to the 21st Century Cinema camp, the burning pyramids to sunrise parties, Glade is full of the unexpected, the baffling, the fiercely independent, and the eclectic. And that goes for both the music and the people.
After a change of event space last year, Glade is back in 2012, and they are launching a DJ competition to find some new talent to join their ranks. The winner will receive a coveted slot at Glade 2012, featuring on a lineup that already includes electronic heavyweight DJs such as Sven Väth, Vitalic, Andy C, Rusko, Pretty Lights, MarcRomboy, Jimmy Edgar, SL2 and many more. Also included will be two tickets for this summer’s four-day festivities and some food and travel money for good measure.
How to Enter
With 14 stages that cater to a whole host of genres, Glade are looking for a mix that will reflect this – something that will surprise them and leave them wanting more…
* Upload a mix of no more than 30 minutes to Mixcloud.
* Title the mix Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012.
* Tag your mix Glade Homegrown DJ Competition 2012. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed.
* Include the competition cover-art, found here.
* Your entry needs to include a full track list to be considered.
* Deadline is Wednesday 11th April 2012.
* Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favorites, positive feedback, track selection, originality and technical ability.
* Mixes must gain over 100 plays be considered for the shortlist. We are looking for DJs who show commitment.
* Entrants will be encouraged to show an ability to promote themselves by the tools available through Mixcloud and other social media platforms.
* The final decision will be made by Glade Festival and Mixcloud.
* Note this competition is open to DJs from across Europe, with a contribution of £150 towards travel.
Full Terms and Conditions: http://www.mixcloud.com/competitions/GladeHomegrown2012
Glade 2011 Video
Check out some of the highlights from last year’s Glade event!
by Lee Jarvis.