Only registered members of Music Jobs are able to view contact details.Please log in below to use this function, or register as a member.
I am always keen to encounter new experience and I look forward to the challenges that new opportunities bring. Ultimately my career goal is to become a fully qualified and experienced Head of Events with the aim to be working freelance or running my own business in the future.
Communication, organisation, interpersonal skills, artist liaison, PR, event coordination and marketing.
My passion for organising events started at a very early age, when I used to perform shows for my family on a regular basis. Since then my passion has increased and I can now boast experience working on a large variety of events, which include fashion shows, music festivals, designers fairs, weddings, conferences, corporate, club nights, banqueting events and warehouse party’s amongst many others.
I also have a degree in Managing Cultural and Major Events, from which I graduated in 2005.
Illusion Recordings 2011 – Present.
Freelance Music PR and Artist Management Consultant
2012, PR Assistant
March 2012 - Present, Online PR Account Executive
A large, world renowned creative agency that supplies digital solutions for a range of top end clients, providing search, mobile, web-site development and a range of creative digital marketing services.
Researching web-site market analysis reports and creating power point presentations.
Link Building research undertaking a full process involving prospection, analysis with a variety of tools engagement, acquisition and final reporting.
Involvement in brainstorming sessions for ideas to encourage traffic and ultimately improve search engine rankings on behalf of various clients.
Creating Press Release with a Search Marketing focus for large clients, contacting online press and securing editorial coverage.
Managing the company CRM system ensuring the database is utilised to its full potential and always up to date to enable accurate reporting of client campaigns.
2011, Events Manager
Limetree Promotions CIC
Limetree Festival, now in it’s fourth year introduced a new Dance Village in 2011.
• Management of budget and accounts.
• Booking of all artists and artist liaison management.
• Directed a full PR plan and the delegation of tasks to staff.
• Worked alongside a local film company, Ugroove TV to capture the essence of the event.
2009 - 2011, Account Manager
Why Digital Media
Why Digital Media is an innovative corporate marketing agency that supplies web, design and digital solutions.
• Undertaking SEO campaign management and handling a press and PR campaign for music production software, dealing with a large array of music press across the UK and occasionally in the states. In addition I secured a large competition promotion for the music production software across all national nightclub units of the Luminar Leisure group.
• Provided an additional ad hoc PR service, writing the occasional press releases for various clients.
Coordinating link-building campaigns, directed web-site content, design and data input into back admin systems. Working with HTML, web-site admin systems, CRM system, Google analytics and SEO Moz
2009 - 2010, Promoter
Ibiza Seasons 2009 & 2010 May 09 – Sept 09 - May 10 – Oct 10
Working two season’s in Ibiza, I significantly increased my contacts in the music and event industries and also developed a basic knowledge of the Spanish language.
• Manager for a high-class concierge company; Icon Ibiza. Hospitality management for high profile clients such as pop stars, DJ’s and wealthy businessmen.
• Event, club management and promotion for the brands and venues, Back to Basics, Superfreq, Fuse, DC10, Kehakuma and the clothes shop Warehouse.
• Music PR assistance for Maouris Company, a highly credited PR company within the music industry.
2008 - 2009, Events Assistant
May 08 – Jan 09 - Tours and Events Coordinator
Mobile Disko provided many services that include, brand management and strategy, event and production management, and tour management.
• Managed a contract looking after talent bookings and artist management for a nationwide leisure company. Full responsibility for working with 19 venues across the organisation and the companies' executives to book in the right talent on the right date, at the right price ensuring all parties interests.
• Worked on high profile events taking on various roles including Artist Liaison, Office Manager and Accreditation Manager.
2007 - 2008, Events Assistant
Gatecrasher Summer Sound System
In 2007 and 2008 I worked freelance for the Gatecrasher Summer Sound System gaining experience from a green field event environment, in 2008 the event ran over two days and had a capacity of 60,000 people.
This is the largest event I have worked on gaining additional experience from working directly with the Police in the position of Site Office Manager.
2007 - 2008, General Manager
Back to Basics
Back to Basics and Stinky’s Peephouse Sept 07 – May 08
Back to Basics is an industry leading club night that has been established for 20 years. It is widely respected as having had a significant impact on UK and wider music scenes, with the club The Peephouse being its current weekly residence.
• General Manager role incorporated organising the artist bookings calendar and dealing with contractual agreements, artist liaison and club production, organising promotional campaigns and materials, managing company finances, dealing with brand marketing and strategy, and organising tour nights and special events on a national and international basis.
• My role also involved club management of the venue. Co-ordinating venue sales and liaising with promoters, health and safety, maintenance, sponsorship, marketing and staff management.
• Operating extremely commercially in a competitive market.
2007, Events Manager
Well Pleased Events
Leeds - Event Manager - Short Term Freelance Contract
• Event Manager at 3 different events including a wedding, a secret garden event and a Pirates of the Caribbean themed event.
• Managed health and safety, staff, budgets and sourced props and equipment as part of this role.
2006 - 2007, Operations Manager
Music Factory Entertainment Group
Working in the Tidy division of the group. Tidy is an industry leading dance brand within its genre. It is a highly recognisable brand to a demographic of 18-35 year olds interested in dance music.
• Management roles at high profile events by Tidy including 3-day events accommodating 3000 people, club and tour nights around the UK and in Ibiza, plus large dance music festivals such as Creamfields.
• Co-ordinated promotional campaigns for both the events and the brand as a whole managing creative design processes, budgets, PA to the General Manager, and Office Manager at events.
• Managed the company client management system, and helped develop a new event client database.
2005 - 2006, Events Assistant
The Corn Exchange
The Corn Exchange, Leeds - Event Co-ordinator / Centre Assistant
November 2005 – May 2006
The locally known jewel in the crown of Leeds city centre at this time was a shopping centre that housed and boasted independent and youth inspired shops, events and fairs. Here I Co-ordinated a variety of different events that included fashion shows, club nights, art exhibitions, record and designers' fairs and large corporate events. My role also required me to also assit in marketing, PR and administration of the shopping centre.
• BA/BA Hons Managing Cultural and Major Events
• HND Events Management
Wetherby High School Sept 93 – May 98
9 GCSE’s at Grade A-C, in subjects ranging from Maths, Science, History and Drama.
Other Skills / Additional Information
I have an extensive knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Sage Accounts and Adobe Photoshop.
Please download my full CV documents for further detail.